Honfleur is a lovely coastal destination surrounding a beautiful 17th-century harbour known as Le Vieux Bassin. This charming town is located in Calvados, within the region of Lower Normandy in the North of France. The town is well known for its well preserved historic architecture of traditional buildings, museums and churches such as the Église Ste-Catherine and the Musée de le marine. Historically it is famous for being the departure point of some of Europe’s greatest sea explorers including Samuel de Champlain, who founded Quebec. It has many pedestrian streets at its heart including the Rue de la Ville, packed with various cafes, restaurant and boutiques offering some of Normandy’s best known specialities such as Cider, Calvados and local cheese.
The following is the Location of the Honfleur in Normandy in the North of France.
Honfleur top sights
The top sights in Mont-St-Michel include:
- Le Vieux Bassin: beautiful 17th-century harbour at the heart of town
- Rue de la Ville: busy pedestrian street with cafes, restaurants and boutiques
- Église Ste-Catherine: France largest wooden church
- Musée de le Marine: port history museum located in a 14th century church
- Honfleur market: with plenty of local products
- Quai de la Quarantaine: lovely pier next to the Vieux Bassin
- Musée Eugene Boudin: founded by Boudin & Dubourg, Honfleur best known artist
- Grenier a Sel: large salt stores once needed to preserve cod
- Pont de Normandie: famous contemporary bridge linking Honfleur to Le Havre
Honfleur best hotels
Some of Honfleur best hotels include:
- Best Western Cheval Blanc, 3 Stars Hotel
- Otelissim Castel Albertine, 3 Stars Hotel
- Le Manoir du Butin Hotel, 4 Stars Hotel
- La Ferme Saint Simeon, 5 Stars Hotel
- La Chaumiere Hotel, 4 Stars Hotel
Check out the best hotel deals in Honfleur, with up to 75% discount.
The following is a selection of some of Mont-St-Michel best photographs including some of the most important sites such as Le Vieux Bassin harbour, Rue de la Ville, Église Ste-Catherine, Musée de le Marine and the Honfleur market.
Click on the images to view them in full-size within a lightbox.
The following is an HD Film about the best of Honfleur which include some of the most important sites such as Le Vieux Bassin harbour, Rue de la Ville, Église Ste-Catherine, Musée de le Marine and the Honfleur market.