Discover the Maldives Manta Rays or Manta birostris ray who live in the open water of tropical oceans or close to coral reefs. It feeds on tiny plankton organisms, krill and small fishes and can go up 5 meter in size, making it the biggest type of rays . Manta females give birth to 1 to 2 young after a 13 months gestation period and pregnant females have been seen jumping out of the sea spectacularly while giving birth to their young!
- Maldives: swimming with Manta rays
- Live in the open water of tropical oceans
- Often close to coral reefs
- Can go up 5 meter in size, making it the biggest type of rays.
- Feeds on tiny plankton organisms, krill and small fishes.
The music soundtrack is Run Faster, Jump Higher composed by Gregoire Lourme and under Creative Commons (CC) licence Attribution and Share Alike and approved for commercial purposes.