Discover la Place de la Comédie, Montpellier’s central square and most famous rendez vous point. Located at the heart of historical district, only 200 meter north of the railway station, it was built on the location city’s fortifications and has become today the hub of Montpellier’s activities. It is indeed one of the most vibrant destinations of the city packed with restaurants, cafes, bars and street artists. It is home to the Opéra national de Montpellier on one side, the Fontaine des Trois Grâces at its heart and the Esplanade green space on the other side.
Place de la Comédie: Montpellier’s central square:
- Main focal point of the city: 200 meter north of the railway station
- Built where the city’s fortifications were located.
- It has become today the hub of Montpellier’s activities
- Fontaine des Trois Grâces: Montpellier’s s most famous fountain
- With plenty of restaurants, cafes, bars and street artists
- Opéra national de Montpellier Languedoc-Roussillon: 18h century opera house